Recap: Packers Fall to Falcons, Playoffs & Disappointment
We got a gift from the Chicago Bears shortly after we recorded this week’s Total Packers podcast on Monday night. That came in the form of a win over the division-leading Minnesota Vikings. The Green Bay Packers certainly could have used that after falling to 4-3 at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons.
You know how this works, though. So I’ll give you a quick rundown of this week’s podcast topics.
- The Packers’ defense blowing it in Atlanta. That came largely thanks to the front seven, with the lone solid defensive player being cornerback LaDarius Gunter.
- Aaron Rodgers’ best game since we can’t remember when.
- Injuries, injuries and more injuries and the ham fisted way the Packers seem to handle them. This may still be Mike McCarthy’s legacy and Shawn has an idea why the Packers handle injuries the way they do.
- Speaking of injuries, would or could the Packers get rid of Clay Matthews and his little girl hamstrings?
- What other high-paid veteran might soon be on the chopping block?
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who we all expected to emerge in his third season, is just a guy and thus, a disappointment.
- The Packers are currently the fifth seed in the NFC and they’re looking up at three teams they’ve lost to. And that’s the worst part about losing to the Falcons and falling to 4-3.
- And finally, so long to Knile Davis, Jared Abbrederis and Chris Banjo. Maybe these guys should have gotten an actual opportunity?
You know what to do. Bang it!