Type to search

We’re Only One Week Away from Packers Football

Are you ready for some football?!

To quote the prettiest man in wrestling: WOOOOO!

We now have the initial Packers roster and only 7 days until week 1 kickoff at Lambeau Field against Minessota Vikings.

Here is the roster including releases per Packers.com:

QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 8 Tim Boyle, 10 Jordan Love

RB (4): 33 Aaron Jones, 30 Jamaal Williams, 28 AJ Dillon, 32 Tyler Ervin

Released: 22 Dexter Williams, 34 Damarea Crockett, 45 John Lovett

Reserve/non-football injury: 27 Patrick Taylor

WR (5): 17 Davante Adams, 13 Allen Lazard, 83 Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 19 Equanimeous St. Brown, 86 Malik Taylor

Released: 16 Jake Kumerow, 9 Darrius Shepherd, 82 Malik Turner, 84 Reggie Begelton

TE (4): 89 Marcedes Lewis, 85 Robert Tonyan, 87 Jace Sternberger, 81 Josiah Deguara

Released: 88 Evan Baylis

OL (9): 69 David Bakhtiari, 63 Corey Linsley, 65 Lane Taylor, 77 Billy Turner, 74 Elgton Jenkins, 71 Rick Wagner, 62 Lucas Patrick, 73 Yosh Nijman, 76 Jon Runyan

Released: 79 John Leglue, 64 Cody Conway, 68 Zack Johnson, 70 Alex Light, 67 Jake Hanson

Reserve/NFI: 72 Simon Stepaniak

DL (5): 97 Kenny Clark, 94 Dean Lowry, 96 Kingsley Keke, 95 Tyler Lancaster, 90 Montravius Adams

Released: 99 Willington Previlon

Waived/injured: 93 Treyvon Hester

ILB (4): 58 Christian Kirksey, 54 Kamal Martin, 42 Oren Burks, 44 Ty Summers

Released: 51 Krys Barnes

Reserve/PUP: 40 Curtis Bolton

OLB (5): 55 Za’Darius Smith, 91 Preston Smith, 52 Rashan Gary, 56 Randy Ramsey, 53 Jonathan Garvin

Released: 47 Tim Williams, 50 Tipa Galeai, 57 Greg Roberts, 45 Delontae Scott

CB (6): 23 Jaire Alexander, 20 Kevin King, 39 Chandon Sullivan, 37 Josh Jackson, 29 Ka’dar Hollman, 48 Kabion Ento

Released: 41 DaShaun Amos, 34 Stanford Samuels

Waived/injured: 49 Will Sunderland

S (5): 31 Adrian Amos, 26 Darnell Savage, 24 Raven Greene, 25 Will Redmond, 36 Vernon Scott

Released: 27 Henry Black

Spec (3): 2 Mason Crosby, 6 JK Scott, 43 Hunter Bradley

Added Bonus: Here’s all the Packers and Wisconsin references made on Mystery Science Theater 3000’s episode ‘Giant Spider Invasion’

Packers LB Za'Darius Smith celebrates a sack against Vikings QB Kirk Cousins

Dec 23, 2019; Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA; Green Bay Packers linebacker Za’Darius Smith (55) celebrates his sack in the second quarter against Minnesota Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium. Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports

Jason Parker

Was on the Allen Lazard hype-train before all the cool kids were doing it

28 Comments

1. Hinder Head September 6, 2020

Now we get to see the big jumps in performance that are being predicted by the homer writers and bloggers for MVS, ESB, M.Adams, Burks, Jackson, Lowry, Lancaster, and L. Taylor. There won’t be enough room in the Pro Bowl to hold all these stars. Ain’t preseason optimism wonderful? It will all come crashing down when these TC heroes go up against actual NFL caliber players next Sunday.

1. PF4L September 6, 2020

Welcome to the site Hinder…
      Yes Sir…..Coaches, keep everything positive, every player is improving, making their 2nd,3rd,or 4 year leap. I get all goose bumply and excited hearing about it:).
      Good to see you understand the difference of camp, and actual games. I could say they are similar but then i’d be lying.
      For anyone wondering…Cole Madison, on a sad 31st of July, was released. I personally took it kind of hard because i really thought the kid had it all, mental and physical toughness. He had a friend die from suicide i heard. He took a year off to collect himself (after 2 short minicamps and cashing his signing bonus check). I know how it is, When my Mom died i had to take 2 days off, then a 3rd day for her funeral (unpaid).
      I for one am going to miss that backward country hick. GDI….now i’m gettin all ….i gotta go.
      When i regroup, i will be rejoicing about Adrian Peterson and his 2 days of sweet freedom from the shackles of slavery

2. Deepsky September 6, 2020

I see that Vikings fans will not be allowed in the stadium. The Vikings probably figured it was all piped in crowd noise anyway, so what’s the difference?

1. PF4L September 9, 2020

I want Viking fans allowed in their own stadium, that’s resulted in 50 plus years of bad Ju Ju.

You’d think after 50 years queen fans might start thinking…”hey, i don’t like our chances” :)

3. MMSUCKS September 6, 2020

Well now we get to see the REAL Matt Lefleur team . . . brought to you by TT’s (the frugal GM) protege’ Gute. I seriously believe that this team may play under .500 this season, and why not? the rest of 2020 has been a shit show! Especially the last 6 months!

There are what? perhaps 4 blue chip players on this team now? With half of the roster just another player type? and then the remaining half of the roster comprised of buffalo chip’s instead of Blue chippers?

In the last 30 plus years, I would have to say that this is the MOST UNIMPRESSIVE roster of players assembled since Lindy Infante was the coach! Please tell me again why in the Fuck Mark Murphy is even allowed into any of the Packer’s buildings?

Granted, I have not seen any pre-season games, nor much video, But I believe that this roster speaks volumes towards a lack of any serious talent scouts, or any sound decision makers in the player-procurement dept. But . . . without seeing any games or any significant practice video it is nearly impossible to know whether this team has players or not. I am most certain that we will know within the first three games. If I was a betting man (and I’m not), I would say that this current packers team will disappoint immediately . . . but then again, that is why they play the games! Trusting that Gute, Lefleur and Murphy (Ginger Gap-Tooth) are actually doing their jobs and actually earning their money . . . Let’s see if these Gute drafted players are better than Ted’s! Go Pack Go!

1. PF4L September 7, 2020

These days i tend to look at things in totality. With most of the weight put on Murphy and Gute.
      This is year 3 since our Packer President repeatedly preached to us with no uncertain terms that he was the boss, he was in charge, moves weren’t made without his approval. Success was founded in 2019 with a 13-3 record and credited to the team by myself last year. As i said….you are what your record says you are. Unfortunately our record didn’t matter as we suffered more embarrassment in another NFCCG loss. Depending on who you are, we were either a change or two away from getting to a Super Bowl, or we needed to look ahead and plan for the future.
      So this is year 3 of the new regime (apparently a time where Packer upper management actually talks to each other). So, much like a draft pick in his 3rd year, good or bad, judgement will be heavy handed.

2. Ferris September 7, 2020

No owner, no accountability. Let the real team owners vote on retaining Murphy and he’ll be on the street in 30 seconds.
      13-3 last year was ALL about strength of schedule. They lost to the ONLY good teams they played.
      8-8 is spot on. 8 wins only because the division sucks, They play, San Fran, New Orleans, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Houston, all losses.
      Plus Philadelphia and The Colts, possible losses. Split with either Bears or Vikings and there you go 8-8 maybe 7-9.
      You’ll be saying how did we ever win 8?

4. PF4L September 7, 2020

i need to clarify a past statement i made. The last thing i want is to provide false facts, that’s not what i do or who i am.
    Previously i stated that the NFL was going to guarantee a salary cap of 190 million for 2021. I got that from an article i read.
    Since then….i’ve read two other articles where they mention the salary cap could be as low as 175 next season. So i apologize if my info was wrong.
    It may not be a big deal now, but if there is any truth that it’s close to the 175 million cap. That will be a huge deal come next off-season.

1. stiggy September 7, 2020

Thank god we got Jordan Love as we will need to cut rodgers to get under the cap.

1. PF4L September 7, 2020

Yea….i just don’t know if it’s that simple.

As far as i know, and i’m not an expert, Rodgers has 31 million dead cap money next year, not sure if that would be reduced by non guaranteed salary, workout and restructure bonus’s.
        I’d trust Howard to decipher that over myself.

1. Stiggy September 10, 2020

You pissed Howard off and hes been Mia since.

1. Howard September 11, 2020

Stiggy, PF4L did piss me off. It wasn’t the first time and probably won’t be the last time We piss each other off, but that is not the reason I’ve been MIA.

So much has been going on this year I have not had the time to properly comment. In fact I have not even had the time to check the site until the last couple of weeks.

I do have some thoughts on the question PF4L posed, but don’t have the time to finalize research.

To make it brief PF4L is very close on the cap hit to the Packers if they cut Rodgers, and that dollar amount does include restructuring bonus, but does not include next years roster or workout bonus. I don’t think the Packers cut or trade Rodgers next year. If they do cut or trade Rodgers it would need to occur before the 3rd day of the start of the 2021 season to avoid the roster bonus, because that would add to the approximate 31 million Cap hit.

One thing to remember the Packers could cut Rodgers before June 2021 and use an exemption (2 allowed) for a post June 2021 cut. If the Packers did such they could split the cap hit of approximately 31 million over two years. However; the Packers would still be responsible for the whole 31 million cap hit until the 2021 regular season started, so it would still make it hard to cut Rodgers.The Packers if they trade Rodgers would not have the ability to split the cap hit over two years.

The way I have always looked at the cap hit if you cut a player, can you replace that player with equal or better production with the cap savings you receive? That is one of the reasons I felt the Packers would cut Perry one year earlier than many felt was cap feasible. The dollar amount the Packers saved was minor when Perry was cut, but the Perry cut offered enough savings (1or 2 million?) to allow an equal or better quality player to replace Perry.

The cap savings for Rodgers would be about 4.8 million and there is no way the Packers come close to finding an equal or better value Player to Rodgers for 4.8 million at Rodgers current abilities.

2. PF4L September 11, 2020

Stigg…stop trying to wind people up and stir the pot in here.

Try to be nice and just try to blend in and get along with everyone, like i do.
            Try to follow my lead….by example, this is serious business.
            As far as Rodgers goes…regardless of the dead cap situation. If i’m Rodgers, i ask my agent to respectfully and quietly go to the Packers and ask for a trade at the end of the season. NOT talking to media, or anyone else.
            I think it’s fair…here’s why.
            Because i don’t think it’s fair that the Packers give him his extension, then change course and not give Rodgers “real” help. Drafting Rashan Gary at #12 for a position already filled is not “real” help. Could the Packers have drafted a receiver instead of Josh Jackson? Or Oren Burks? Could they have picked up somebody better than Devon Funchess the last 3 free agent periods (Jared Cook?). Could they have picked a 1st round wr last spring and kept a 4th round pick, or moved up in the first. Could they have drafted a pass catcher instead of drafting Dillion when we didn’t have a deep need for rb?
            As Stephen A. Smith says regarding Rodgers…the Packers can kick rocks.
            What i’m trying to say and what my point is…. the Packers gave up on him. So i don’t think it’s out of bounds for him to ask out. Rodgers has done more for this team than anyone since Ron Wolf, Favre, and White, lets not treat him like he’s Jordy Nelson.
            Just my .02. Hope nobody is upset.

3. stiggy September 12, 2020

To be crystal clear I was joking about rodgers and (mostly) joking about Howard falling off the face if the earth.

4. PF4L September 12, 2020

No worries my friend.
            I figured you knew i was kidding by my content of “following my example” “serious business” :)
            As far as me being the reason Howard was MIA, i’m ok with that. I can be like Trump….Anything wrong with the world, just blame it on me :)
            I can take it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
            For the record, i was never…mad at Howard, not once. As a matter of fact i always thought i showed him the highest respect in here.
            Now that i know he’s mad at me however, i am NOW mad at him. I don’t know if will will ever come down to throwin hands, but i’m going back to the gym 4 days a week to work out on my old schedule to make sure i can handle myself just.in case things get sticky.

5. NobodysBurfect September 7, 2020

For all the attention paid to our lack of options at receiver, Jesus look at that tight end group. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised – but it’s 20 fucking 20 so I don’t think that’s possible.

Fuck Covid. I still can’t believe they’re actually going ahead with a season, but til the end – Go Pack Go

1. Ferris September 7, 2020

TEs just block for Green Bay…badly.

6. PF4L September 7, 2020

I’m on board!!!

“Fuck you, COVID and fuck you 2020 for sucking so bad. Nothing can keep the NFL down — WOOOOO!…and…..fuck you and fuck you and FUCK OFF COVID!!”

1. NobodysBurfect September 7, 2020

I honestly can’t tell where the sarcasm is there P4FL…

I’m not on board with this – this season is going to be a shitshow in so many ways – that doesn’t mean I won’t always be a Packer fan. I’m a Chicagoan now – not sure where you live, but my work is here. I can’t begin to tell you how fondly I look back on my memories in this city, many of which involved me being a Pack fan getting Old Style’s thrown at him for laughing during a Cutler interception at a rowdy Bears bar.

This team will probably suck – like 2020 has fucking sucked for most of the world. The reason I frequent this site and comment is because we all talk shit knowing that we’re all Packer fans at the end of the day. If this season is going to happen, I’m still going to say “Go Pack Go”, no matter what fuckery we’re all dealing with.

Cheers to you & yours – Go Pack Go.

1. PF4L September 9, 2020

There is not one iota of sarcasm in that post. Granted my friend, a very very rare occurrence :)
        I am sick to death of this virus and how it’s flipped the world on it’s head. there have been so many who suffered, those dead, and their family and friends for the loss. Not to mention the survivors, some who have gone through hell and came back and lived to tell about it.
        All you ever read these days is it’s Trumps fault, as if he invented it. But Trumps Presidency isn’t over
        yet, so nothings changed, and everything else that’s wrong with the world has been his fault the last 43 months.
        I know vaccines need time to develop and be tested to gain FDA approval, but fuck….bring it on.
        Some people say they won’t take a vaccine, i say… than step the fuck aside because i’ll take the first dose.
        A lot is riding on these new vaccines and they are already in full tilt production mode anticipating approval.
        Stay tuned, before long you’ll be reading how the vaccines will be distributed, i’m guessing by occupation, health and age.
        Thanks NB….good health to you and everyone in your life.

1. PF4L September 9, 2020

Just read the rest of your post….

It could very well be a shit show, on so many levels things could go south,
          But, while it’s here and running, i’m going to enjoy it.
          Wisconsinite here, most all my life NB..with a stint in the beautiful, bountiful deep snow of the U. P. for a spell. Gods Country.
          I believe the play in the NFL is going to look sloppy during the 1st 4-6 weeks, but time will tell. I think if they can squeak through a full season, i’d call that a major success story in sports for 2020. Again….time will tell.

NB…this is a post i wrote yesterday somewhere else, i was reminded of it when you mentioned…at the end of the day, we’re all packer fans.
          PF4L

September 08, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Yea Gil….i disagree with many of CoachDinos viewpoints.

I also prefer the word realistic, over pessimistic.

Even if i disagree with someone’s viewpoints, showing me your a true fan by being able to talk through your points, earns my respect.

At the end of the day, Dino is spot on, we are all Packer fans.

I’ve been waiting a long time for upper management to be over hauled, now with Gute, and his building for the future, i have to wait longer while we await the day that will soon be, Rodgers last game in a year or two. Then…..Gutes Legacy will be built, or brought down on his gamble.

But despite all that, I’m a PackerFan4Life (PF4L), i won’t miss a game, i haven’t missed one in decades, even if i had to tape or DVR it.

7. Deepsky September 8, 2020

It’s really unpredictable what will happen this season. Players are going to catch Covid, then what? I know there are protocols in place but I’m not sure how this will unfold. You can bet teams like the Patriots, Vikings, and Cowboys are going to be hiding it if their top players test positive, but teams like the Packers will comply and sit players. Half the Packers team could be sitting by November.

1. JustNorthOfTheWall September 9, 2020

I haven’t or heard anything to confirm this but you’d have to hope that COVID testing is done by Independent medical staff. Since we’re potentially talking about people’s lives rather than a few PSI of footballs. With a bit of luck the players union will have demanded that from the greedy owners/league.

1. PF4L September 9, 2020

I couldn’t find anything but this….
        Out of test given to team employees and players from Aug 21st -Aug 29th, 8,739 test were given. 4 tested positive or were around someone who tested positive.
        that’s a .04577182 positive rate, not bad at all.

8. NobodysBurfect September 9, 2020

Well hey – Hunter on IR & no crowds at Minneapolis so we won’t need to use silent count all the time (not celebrating Hunter being hurt, just glad Aaron has a better chance at staying upright).

Ladies & Gents, however the fuck this all plays out – it’s go time. An honest thanks to the regular folks around here & JP for hosting us. Things are picking back up for me but the last few months have been a shit show – as a Pack fan living in Chicago w/out many football watching friends, it is genuinely nice to have a place to talk shop. Cheers to everyone’s health & to this bizarre ass season.

Go Pack Go

1. PF4L September 11, 2020

Yea, good point. If Hunter didn’t get hurt and with the team adding Yannick Ngakoue, they may have had the 2 best Def. end tandem in the league.
      It seems that Ngakoue is where he wants to be in light of the fact he took a 7 million pay cut this year to be with the queens.
      The other thing is to see how the queens O line can prove itself, much like the Packers right now.
      It should be noted people in queen land feel that Hunter may only be out 3 weeks or so. So barring injury, the Packers will see them both in week 8.
      Will be interesting Sunday…..CAN’T WAIT!

9. PF4L September 10, 2020

Supreme talent untapped.
    Yesterday Ryan Shazier announced his official retirement.
    Godspeed, to you and your young family.

10. PF4L September 11, 2020

RIP….9/11 victims. Thoughts to family and friends.
    We don’t forget.