Brett Favre Wants To Set The Record Straight
On Tuesday, a New York Post report came out that said ESPN gave Brett Favre a shot to replace Jon Gruden on Monday Night Football. It also suggested Favre failed miserably during his audition and had been removed from consideration for the gig.
Favre, seemingly coming to his own defense, took to Twitter to suggest the report wasn’t entirely accurate.
Wanted to clear something up from today’s press on me & ESPN. Truth is I had a good meeting about possibly joining the MNF crew. I was intrigued when they called yet not sure I want to pursue a broadcasting career right now. I wish them the best of luck and a great season. Brett
— Brett Favre (@BrettFavre) April 17, 2018
So what can we take away from that? It’s hard to say.
Favre suggests he had a meeting with ESPN about the job. He doesn’t say he auditioned. The Post said he auditioned. Favre also doesn’t say he didn’t audition, so maybe he did and maybe he sucked, as reported.
The only definitive thing we get from this is Favre isn’t sure he wants to be in broadcasting. He’s only called one game — a college game for his alma mater, Southern Miss — as far as we know. Based on what we saw there, he needs work if he wants to be in the booth.
At this point, Favre’s primary interest appears to be promoting a new drug for concussions. He appeared on Today last week talking about the supposedly thousands of concussions he’s had and talking about the drug.
Brett always has been a little loose with the truth, hasn’t he?