Green Bay Packers receiver Randall Cobb blasted the Seattle Seahawks and defensive back Jeremy Lane specifically, for their dirty play on Sunday. As the Packers were taking a knee as time ran out in the game, Lane took a five-yard running start and knocked Cobb three yards backwards. Fortunately Cobb saw the attack coming just in time to at least get his arms up in an effort to protect himself.
— Run The Table (@packersinsider) December 11, 2016
This thuggery merits further discipline by the league.
Earlier in the game, Richard Sherman blindsided Davante Adams with a vicious shot to the head and shoulder as Adams was jogging toward the action over on the other side of the field.
— Chat Sports (@ChatSports) December 11, 2016
Then, in the middle of the third quarter, as Green Bay was driving toward its fourth touchdown, Richard Rodgers took a short pass across the middle and was rammed in the helmet by hard-charging linebacker K.J. Wright. Rodgers was completely defenseless – it was the kind of collision that might have ended Rodgers’ career. Instead he held onto the ball and drew an unnecessary roughness flag.
The penalty moved the ball to the three-yard line, and Jordy Nelson caught a touchdown pass on the very next play.
Yet another cheap shot on Sunday was the one dealt by Cliff Avril against T.J. Lang, which we previously covered.
And let’s not forget, this isn’t the first time Wright has gone head-hunting against Richard Rodgers. Midway through the final quarter, as the Seahawks were losing to the Packers last year, Wright drove Rodgers into the ground after the play and ripped his helmet off. For this mayhem, Wright was fined $10,000 by the league and of course he appealed that penalty.
Here’s how Seahawks coach Pete Carroll saw last year’s play: “K.J. got locked up with the guy with his hand on his facemask as they were kind of going to the ground, and it was something we wish we wouldn’t have done.”
Wright himself offered this: “I’ve watched it a million times. I think the worst I should have gotten was a hands to the face and a 15-yard penalty.”
Whether the league will address Wright’s latest infraction remains to be seen. As I have previously advocated, intentional attempts to seriously injure deserve suspensions, not just a monetary fine.
Until the league meaningfully acts to deter dirty and dangerous play, Wright and a few dozen other thugs – many of them Wright’s teammates – are going to continue to put opponents at risk of permanently disabling and career-ending injuries.
The smackdown the Packers put on this mob of hoodlums and sore losers on Sunday couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team.
Sherman should be fined. Considering how he leapt to launched himself at Adams, will be interesting to see how he/Seahawks spin that play.
This kind of stuff deserves severe punishments. If you knock out someone and that person is out for the year, the player responsible should be suspended for the rest of the year. But you should also get an automatic 1 game suspension regardless. Thats just dirty play and that should not be tolerated. At all.
“My eyes are still set on being in Houston for the Super Bowl.”
So…….you’re buying tickets then? Maybe taking one of your 6 baby’s mamas? Maybe taking your bastard children?
Sorry folks, i can’t stand that fuck. :)
Adams is nobody’s bitch, especially against twerp Sherman, who’s a tough guy as long as Thomas and Chancellor are around.
Lanes shot at Cobb was total bs. What was worse, is that neither Cobb nor Bahktiari raised a finger on him. At that point, you take the fine if it comes, but you HAVE TO send a message back.
I don’t care if you win by 50, you don’t let someone make you look like a bitch. they want to stand and talk to him after?…..fuck that. Boys take it. Men show them why they shouldn’t ever pull that shit again.
So…you can scream hoodlums and bullies all day long. But the only reason they are, is because you let them.
This thing called KARMA will take it’s toll on the Shehawks. Look back to 2009 when the Saints had bountygate. What happened the next year was the coach was hit by there own player and had his leg broke. I have other instances but don’t like to type. So the Seatlle should get ready for some really bad luck
Hopefully, yes. I also believe in karma.
Karma is when the vikings are 5-0 and a viking fan can’t stfu about how great the vikings are. Then some Packer fan post that reality is coming, that it will all go wrong with the vikings, because it always does.
Then that same viking fan, refuses to talk about his team because they suck.
When you say the Vikings suck you are insulting your team the Packers because the Vikings beat them head to head and are ahead of them in the division. Obviously, you really think very poorly about your team. Sucks to be you.
I don’t refuse to talk about my team at all. For a couple months now your site has avoided attacking the Vikings — I guess because it is obvious they are a better team. So, I have not needed to correct much in the way of lies about them on this site.
But, since you request it, here:
* AP is back at practice. Let your trembling begin… or increase in severity….
* Sam Bradford leads the league in completion percentage and has about the same QB rating as Aaron Rodgers — really incredible when you consider Aaron has a Top 5 O-line and MN has the #32 O-line and the worst running game in the league as support.
* With 3 games to go there is a chance MN will have 2 WRs over 1000 yards! Diggs and Thielen have been incredible. This despite Diggs missing 2 games and Thielen not starting until week 6 or so. Diggs has 100 catches so far! A little back story here — Diggs was a 5th round pick and look at his production compared to your Trevor Davis fellow. He was drafted last year but he achieved 52 catches for 720 yards and 4 TDs in just 13 games in a run first offense last year. What does Davis have? 3 catches? And a fumbled punt return? Thielen was completely undrafted and developed on the practice squad. He has been a revelation.
* Our defense is #2 in yards allowed.
* Our defense is #1 in points allowed.
* Our defense has 12 interceptions led by the incomparable Xavier Rhodes with 4. Rhodes had another great game Sunday limiting Allen Robinson to a single catch. He also shut down Odell Beckham and returned an interception 100 yards for a TD in other games.
* CB Terrence Newman, at 38, leads the league in fewest yards allowed per snap played (.60 of 1 yard per snap). Incredible guy!
* Our BACK-UP DE, Danielle Hunter, is 5th in the league with 10.5 sacks. He also has a ton of tackles, a safety, and a TD. He is just now turned 21 years old and already has 16.5 sacks in less than 2 years in the league. (How about that 2015 Vikings draft with Hunter in the 3rd and Diggs in the 5th? We also got Trae Waynes, a future star CB, T.J. Clemmings, a starting OT (though playing badly thus far admittedly — but he has great athleticism and work ethic for the future), AND MLB Eric Kendrick who is also kicking butt leading the team in tackles AND passes defensed AND had a long interception return for a TD.)
* Our starting DEs have 8 sacks (Everson Griffen) and 7 sacks (Brian Robison). That means the Vikings top 3 DEs combine for 25.5 sacks THUS FAR! They are the #5, #12, and #23 sackers in the league! No other team has 3 in the top 23.
Anyway, there is a lot more exciting fun good news involving the Vikings. There are quite a few excellent web sites covering the Vikings. I know you are thirsty for more. To quench your thirst type into your search engine “Minnesota Vikings” and enjoy.
^^ The copy and paste novel Queen.
Remember, killing yourself is always an option. fix what’s wrong.
I hate Dallas probably more than any other team. But at this point after all the bs in this game, if it were to come down to Dallas vs Seattle I think I’d be sick doing it but would hope Dallas wins.
Of course I hope it’s neither of those sorry teams. I can’t stand Sherman or any of those douche bags, coach included. If I was out there it would have been damn tough to lay off. I’m watching on tv and get fired up. When we play in our league, we make it a point to have each others back and sometimes it costs us games (suspensions) but we aren’t gonna get punked. If someone takes a cheap shot and we can’t get even we remember that for the next meeting, but you sure as shit aren’t gonna get away with that bs.
Or we send the goon out there to take someone out. Not gonna lose a key guy so use a scrub that never plays. We don’t start it but we will get even or finish it.
At least Jason Garrett is likable. And Jason Witten is cool. Besides them, fuck the cowboys