Jeff Janis is Just a Regular Guy
The rise of Jeff Janis in the eyes of Green Bay Packers fans was unscripted. Through talent and hard work — and a flair for making big plays — he’s gone from being a fan favorite to a legitimate potential weapon for the Packers in 2016.
As his backstory becomes better known, the love is only going to grow. Janis fits Green Bay and Wisconsin like a wide receiver’s glove.
Jeff and his family enjoy sharing their lives and adventures on Twitter (along with plugging products). Followers will learn Janis is:
- A small-town guy – Tawas City, Michigan is nearly due east of Green Bay, and it too is on a bay of a Great Lake (Lake Huron).
- A happy husband – married his childhood sweetheart Alyssa last July. She’s on The Better Half Packers wives’ show.
- A sportsman – loves bowhunting and his fishing buddy is Wautoma native Jared Abbrederis.
- A family guy – has a loving mom and still mourns his dad’s death in 2010. He goes back home often.
- An underdog – no Division I college wanted him. He redshirted at Saginaw Valley State and almost went undrafted.
- Enjoying life in Green Bay – likes to tweet about his new stuff: snowblower, crossbow, riding mower, Jeep, and a new puppy in April.
Want to bet Janis likes hot dogs and apple pie?
Off the field Janis is a regular guy. On the field: highly irregular!