Just when you thought the NFL was done playing preseason games on Sunday, this year rolled around. The Packers have one themselves with a tilt tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Typically, the second preseason game is barely more watchable than the first. However, the Packers do have some interesting storylines going into this game.
1. Who replaces David Bakhtiari? – The talk this weekend has been focused on the injured knee of David Bakhtiari. Today’s game will go a long ways towards indicating if the Packers should just switch Bryan Bulaga to the left side or if they can trust either Don Barclay or Josh Walker to fill that position.
2. Red zone offense – Considering how the Packers finished the season last year and what we saw from the first preseason game, the fans will be watching closely how effective the Packers’ red zone offense is.
3. Running Back Position – After Eddie Lacy and James Starks, the Packers likely have one more player to keep on the final roster. Rajon Neal, Alonzo Harris and John Crockett have all looked good at times. Possibly the Packers most competitive roster battle continues.
4. The Back Up QBs – Scott Tolzien has a solid lead here thanks to his experience in the system. However, this is also an entertaining competition with each player bringing something a little different to the table.
5. The inside linebacker depth chart – With Jake Ryan and Nate Palmer battling for the #3 spot, we are still waiting to see if Carl Bradford can play the position at all.
6. The TE position – It would be nice if someone stood out any time now.
7. Don’t add injuries. – Easily the biggest news out of any preseason game is on the injury front. The Packers will look to stay mostly healthy after another road game.
That looks like Madden 13
How well are the young DB’s going to perform against the 1’s for the Steelers?
There is ZERO backup QB competition going on. Tolzein is the backup. The other guy (the negro) might end up on the practice squad, if hes lucky.
Exactly. Same thing with the polack, the chink, the wetback, the wap and the mick on the team.
I mean, c’mon, right?
You forgot the gook on the sidelines, which, interestingly enough, is also the title of a not so well received book by Dr. Seuss.
Damn Rebelgb, “the negro”? Really? The kid has a name (Hundley). Get to know it. God forbid anything to Rodgers you may have to root for him to keep our team afloat.
Guy’s been posting racist shit on his site for a while now, something like that is par for the course. It’s expected when somebody has the word “rebel” in their username – they tend to still have some screwy dream about how some certain part of the country is going to “rise again!!11” and what-not.
Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Let’s see how our young db’s handle their nasty wr’s. They go deeper than just Antonio Brown.
You know what’s worse than racism?
This Packers oline play
You know what’s worse than this O-line play? Jordy Nelson with a season-ending ACL injury. This season is fucked before it even started.
Well, everyone knew last years health was an aberration. Good thing they have the best qb in the game. The season isnt fucked unless aaron rodgers tears his acl. They will be fine.
So our starting WR corps is now Cobb, Adams, Montgomery: What are we going to do? Split Cobb out wide and have a rookie man the slot?
And Damarious Randall got carted off too. Anyone knows what happened to him?
I don’t knows what happened to him.
Jordy Nelson torn ACL?