You know we are not fans of Mike McCarthy. We think he’s a buffoon, which is why we have named him Buffoon. We also know that some of you are fans of Mike McCarthy.
Obviously, the Packers never would have won the Super Bowl in 2010 if anyone else were coaching that team.
But yeah, we get it. The Packers are pretty good every year under McCarthy. Is that because of McCarthy or because of other factors (like maybe Aaron Rodgers)? Well, probably the latter, but some of you have chosen to believe it’s the former.
For you, the Packers merely being good every year is good enough. For us, that’s not good enough. We expect a goddam Super Bowl win every season. And if not every season, then at least every three seasons, on average.
You’re okay with getting bounced in the first round by the 49ers every year and with proclamations that “we’re going to fix this defense right this time!”
You Buffoon Lovers are also the type of people who like to hurl insults at those of us who question the God-like judgement of one Mike McCarthy. I can’t count how many times I’ve been called a homo or a fag because I’ve criticized McCarthy.
And by the way, to those fucking morons — this is not 1986 and we are not in fifth grade.
The good news here is, none of us are alone. You Buffoon Lovers clearly have your ignorant, homophobic camp and us Buffoon Haters, well, there are plenty of us out there.
With that, we give you our favorite comments about Mike McCarthy’s contract extension.
- Time to get to work drawing up more pass plays for Peppers.
- On the positive side, the Packer defense will have the number 1 pad level in the NFL.
- I bet Capers and Slocum are the next to get deals.
- Snake-eyes Thompson and Buttermilk McCarthy. Weak recipe.
- A very sad day for those of grown ups who love this franchise. They just wrote off the rest of AR’s career and showed that being pretty good is good enough. Clearly the Pack no longer strives for excellence.
- I like McCarthy well enough, but I don’t know why they rushed to do this deal in the middle of the season. Anybody should have a great regular season record when their starting quarterbacks have been Brett-friggin’-Favre and Aaron-friggin’-Rodgers. Why not see if the team can avoid another early, embarrassing playoff exit before extending the coach’s deal?
- I thought I would read all the comments. Figured it would be entertaining. Then I did. Then I threw up. Thought I could take it. I was wrong. I’m glad there is a real world.
- are you serious? a multi-year extension for this guy? the packers organization has officially creeped me out with this news.
- Extend a guy who will give up on the run after 3 attempts
- Awesome news.
TT locked up. MM locked up. Any word on Dom Capers being extended through 2018 yet?
I sense another great NFC North title over the hard-nosed Lions, up and coming Vikings, and always formidable Bears. As for the playoffs, eh who cares.
All is well in (NFC North) Titletown.
- I’m mediocrity, and I declare this the best signing ever.
- I for one am not happy to have McGlurpy for another extended period of time. I am soooo excited that we will again be force fed unimaginative play calling, buffoons personal “favorites” instead of real starters, Dom Capers ineptitude, and the obligatory on side kick (whether needed or not), coupled with insipid responses to legitimate questions and, as always, no change in problem areas that continue to be problem areas, and will, (using McGlurpy speech) continue to be problem areas “moving forward” . . .
- He could have not won a Superbowl. Would that make you feel better?
- MM’s body of work speaks for itself. He has not been a one year wonder. This team is on its 6th year of exceptional football in a row. Only two other teams have done better since MM was hired. One of those two teams cheat to win.
This website has turned to garbage because the from the queer from the west coast does not know what winning football is. He has bashed TT and MM from the start.
Monty must be waiting for the return of dan devine , bart starr, or Forrest Gregg. Enjoy the run while it is here. 29 other teams wish they had the success MM is living.
Michael Sam is waiting for you call Monty.
That last one is my personal favorite…