Final Roster Cuts: List In Progress
Here are the Green Bay Packers final roster cuts we know of right now with commentary.
If only someone could gather the Press Gazette’s cuts together with the Journal Sentinel’s so we could have a comprehensive list…
- Caleb Schlauderaff, guard, 6th-round pick in 2011 — He was traded to the New York Jets.
- Brandian Ross, cornerback, undrafted rookie in 2011 — no surprise
- Diondre Borel, undrafted rookie in 2011 — Might have had a chance in a different season.
- Sampson Genus, guard, undrafted rookie in 2011 — no surprise
- Brandon Underwood, cornerback, 6th-round pick in ’09 — His injury didn’t help the fact he was arrested in June. He might have played his way onto the team under other circumstances.
- Joe Hoese, fullback, undrafted in 2011 — Really, another fullback? No shot to make the team.
- Kerry Taylor, receiver, undrafted in 2011 — Didn’t play poorly, but the Packers are loaded at receiver.
- Chastin West, receiver, undrafted in 2010 — This is a disappointment for a lot of people and here’s the kicker. The Packers will only keep five receivers because…
- Tori Gurley, receiver, undrafted in 2011 — Gurley was a special teams ace and showed promise as a receiver in the preseason. Unfortunately, that’s not enough to make the best team in the league. In fact, you have to be a tight end to make the Green Bay Packers. Odds are, they’ll keep five and hope Gurley makes it through to the practice squad.
- Anthony Bratton, safety, undrafted in 2011 — no surprise
- Jay Ross, nose tackle, undrafted in 2010 — Uh… who the hell is this guy?
- Lawrence Guy, defensive lineman, 7th-round pick in 2011 — Was put in injured reserve.
- Anthony Levine, safety, undrafted in 2010 — We thought the coaching staff liked Levine to stick behind Collins. Apparently not.
- Graham Harrell, quarterback, undrafted free agent 2010 — Total fucking surprise. Everyone thought Harrell would be on the active roster. He played well enough, but McCarthy has always had a habit of keeping only two quarterbacks. Probably so he can make room for eight fullbacks.
- Nick McDonald, center, undrafted free agent in 2010 — McDonald was supposed to be the heir apparent to Scott Wells, but a terrible performance in the final preseason game probably cost him his spot.
- Shaky Smithson, receiver, undrafted in 2011 — Was put on injured reserve.
- Chris Campbell, tackle, undrafted free agent 2010 — Didn’t play badly, but still a little raw.
- Chris Donaldson, nose tackle, undrafted in 2011 — Never heard of this dude.
- Ricky Elmore, linebacker, 6th-round pick in 2011 — Didn’t really show anything.
- Josh Gordy, cornerback, undrafted in 2010 — Showed improvement, but plays a tough position to make the Packers.
- Cardia Jackson, linebacker, undrafted in 2010 — Who the hell is this guy?
- Eli Joseph, defensive end, undrafted in 2011 — Meh.
- Elijah Joseph, linebacker, undrafted in 2011 — Twin meh.
- Dmitri Nance, running back, undrafted in 2010 — Essentially lost out to Ryan Grant.
- Brandon Saine, running back, undrafted in 2011 — Showed some promise, but the Packers have a crowded backfield.
- Quinn Johnson, fullback, 5th-round pick in 2009 — Johnson was traded to Tennessee.
Monty McMahon is one of the founders of Total Packers. He is probably the most famous graduate of UW-Oshkosh next to Jim Gantner.
Comments are closed.