Top 10 Reasons We Love LeRoy Butler
It’s our second (yes, we were actually able to muster the brain power for a follow up) Green Bay Packers Top 10 List – Top 10 Reasons We Love LeRoy Butler.
For those of you whose memory needs a jog, Butler rivals Willie Wood as the greatest safety ever to play for the Green Bay Packers. Sorry, Chuck Cecil.
So, here are the top 10 reasons we love LeRoy Butler.
10. Invented the Lambeau Leap.
9. Made it cool to be from Florida State (until Terrell Buckley came along and ruined it).
8. Owns a Ford dealership in Waupaca. Represent!
7. Unlike high school and college teammate Edgar Bennett, never went and played for the scumbag Chicago Bears.
6. Most remembered at Florida State for his role in something called the “puntrooskie.”
5. 4-time All Pro, 4 Pro Bowls, member of the NFL All Decade Team (1990s) – what’s not to like about that?
4. Because his name ain’t pronounced LEE-Roy, it’s pronounced L’Roy, motherfucker!
3. First NFL defensive back with 20 interceptions and 20 sacks in a career.
2. Super Bowl XXXI champions, bitch!
1. Because he calls a spade a spade.
“Instead of wasting one year in Minnesota, I’d rather retire. Instead of wasting one year of having my football card in a purple jersey, I’d rather just retire.” – LeRoy Butler to Jim Rome, last Thursday.
Listen to Bulter’s appearance on Rome here.
Other Top 10 Lists:
Empty ad slot (#1)!
Monty McMahon is one of the founders of Total Packers. He is probably the most famous graduate of UW-Oshkosh next to Jim Gantner.