Worst Fans in America: Minnesota Vikings
It’s something that we’ve always known here at Total Packers, but now other people are starting to figure it out. Who are the worst fans in all of pro sports? Minnesota Vikings fans, of course!
While we’re waiting for Ted Thompson to figure out who he’s going to cut (uhhhh… Jarrett Bush, maybe?), we thought we’d bring you this blurb out of Minnesota.
It appears despite the addition of one Brett Favre, the Vikings still have about 6,000 season tickets available. That, my friends, is fucking despicable. Kind of like I laid out in this post: The Difference Between the Packers and the Vikings.
ESPN Radio’s Waddle and Silvy show declared the Vikings fans “the worst fan base in all of America,” earlier this week.
ESPN’s Kevin Seifert then went on to point out the Vikings inability to sell out the Metrodome several times last season, including their lone playoff game, despite great players like Adrian Peterson.
The Vikings needed corporate help multiple times last season to avoid local television blackouts and also received two extensions from the NFL to sell out its divisional playoff game against Philadelphia. They have some of the most entertaining players in the NFL, including tailback Adrian Peterson and defensive end Jared Allen, and play in a stadium that requires less than 63,000 tickets sold to be considered sold out.
As usual, you disgust me Minnesota.
Monty McMahon is one of the founders of Total Packers. He is probably the most famous graduate of UW-Oshkosh next to Jim Gantner.
- The Brett Favre Effect | Total Packers | Green Bay Packers news, analysis, commentary, and video
- Get To Know A Viking: Bizarro Brett | Total Packers | Green Bay Packers news, analysis, commentary, and video
- Don’t F*ck With Packers Fans | Total Packers | Green Bay Packers news, analysis, commentary, and video
- More Proof: Vikings Fans Really Are the Worst | Total Packers | Green Bay Packers news, analysis, commentary, and video
- NFC North: Best in the NFL and Other Packers Odd and Ends | Total Packers
- Vikings May Stay In Minnesoata After All | Total Packers